Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Degrees

My mom used to tell me, "We are all crazy. It's just a matter of degree."
When I was young, I understood the first part. I could see, even at a young age, that the ways in which most people acted did not make sense to me.
As I got older, I would think about her statement from time to time. It would usually surface when I had a judgemental opinion about something somebody had done. It would occur to me that I might do the same deed if I were in the other person's position. I would like to think I could do things differently, act more compassionately, be more generous, but is that really true? Hard to say.
Perhaps the best thing we can do is accept that we are crazy to some degree, try to stay on the lower end of the bell curve & live in the moment while shining our light as brightly as possible.
One of the most effective methods I have found to help me maintain balance and harmony is meditating. Find a quiet place such as the bus, your backyard, a quiet spot (away from the TV and jam boxes) in your home or apartment. I have counseled my clients to meditate in the bathroom, if that is the only place you can get a few moments to release the craziness of the day.
You can ask the great spiritual teachers and ascended masters, Paramahansa Yogananda, Mother Mary, and Mary Magdalene to teach and help you.
Sit comfortably with hands, legs, and feet uncrossed. It is important to sit, not stand, especially until you become accustomed to having more oxygen in your body. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply into your abdomen. Count slowly with each inbreath and outbreath until you can breathe more deeply than you have ever done before. Ask your Angels for help with this. You will be surprised at your lung capacity.
After you are breathing deeply, use your inbreath to pull balance, harmony, and peace from the Universe into all of your bodies - physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Then, with your outbreath, expel any of the day's craziness, along with any other accumulated garbage that you no longer want or need. Just let it flow down, down, down, and out of your body. Do not worry about hurting Mother Earth. She is equipped to transform this kind of energy into light. She does this in the same manner as turning poo into fertilizer to create beautiful roses, trees, and other flora.
When you feel complete (and you may be quite surprised at how quickly this can happen for you), open your eyes and move gently about the rest of your day.
Remember to thank your Angels, Guardians, and Guides that continuously love and care for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment