Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHANGES

Human beings are often uncomfortable with change. Everything changes. Things change constantly. Even our bodies are ceaselessly making changes, creating new cells to replace dead cells, exchanging atoms and molecules.

The earth is changing rapidly. We are noticing more erratic weather. The planet is spinning more rapidly upon its axis. Scientists have had to speed up atomic clocks that were supposed to keep correct time down to the millisecond for the next few hundred years.

One of the often sad changes that we must deal with is the loss of loved ones. There are almost 7 billion people in the world now so it makes sense that many people would die and many would be born. And, I do not know about others, but it seems to me that there are a lot of people crossing over to the other side recently. There seems to be a world-wide grieving for loss of loved ones. I see people grieving for those who have died that they did not even know.

On a subconscious level, we are all connected. Although we are still connected in spirit with loved ones, it can be difficult to deal with the physical loss.

This is a poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye that I often share with friends and loved ones who have experienced a loss. For me, it is an expression of hope, love, and peace.

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

~Mary Elizabeth Frye.


© 2010 Dr. Shanimah Leal Ra, PhD.
Clinical Hypnotherapist, Forensic Hypnotist,
Angel Therapy Practitioner®
www.321relaxhealingtherapy.com
www.myinfiniteangels.com
Shanimah777@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment